My husband, Brian, and I are leaving tomorrow to pick up our third (first adopted) child from China! Follow us on our journey!

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Back to work :(

Well, I'm back to work tomorrow. I'm not really sure how I feel about that, as most days I have thoroughly enjoyed staying home with Ginny. Plus I'm going back just in time for testing! Oh well, only 8 weeks left! I think I'll manage!

We had our first post-placement observation on Wednesday, which went very well! Only 5 more to go over the next 5 years! For those of you who don't know the process, adoptive families work with a social worker before the adoption for the home study. Then the social worker comes to the house after the adoption and send reports back to china on the child's development, bonding and everything. Our next visit should be in September.

We also received Ginny's proof of citizenship, which means we can apply for her birth certificate and social security number!

Ginny has also earned a new nickname in the past few days: Hufflepuff because of how she huffs and puffs when she doesn't get her way!!! It has really been amazing spending these last 8 weeks with her. She is such a happy, lively and silly girl. She is communicating very well and using the potty! I'm looking forward to this summer and spending more time with all three kids!

1 comment:

  1. Jessica - thank you so much for sharing your journey via this blog. It feels like we are all a part of Ginny's journey. She is very blessed to have all of you as her new family and I am sure you feel the same way about her. To think that only 6 weeks ago you were on your way to bring this gift home.

    ReplyDelete